Born and bred in Newcastle NSW, Sam graduated from the University of Newcastle in 1997 with a Bachelor degree in Environmental Science (biology major). After extensive travel overseas, she relocated to Perth and completed her Naturopathic studies in 2007 at the Perth Academy of Natural Therapies.
Since graduating, Sam has built a strong client base with a particular focus on women’s health. She has undertaken extensive further education in preconception care and pregnancy support. In 2015, Sam completed a Masters in Women’s Health Care through Edith Cowan University.
Sam complements her private practice by lecturing budding naturopathic students. She is a lecturer in Herbal Medicine and clinic supervisor at Endeavour College Of Natural Medicine Perth Campus. Sam has a particular interest in the GUT and microbiota and has delivered many talks on the topic. For several years, Sam also featured on 6PR radio’s summer talkback program The Weekender.
Sam truly welcomes collaborative healthcare and offers preventative and complementary health care solutions. The scope of Sam’s practice includes the following:
- Balancing the female endocrine system to ease PMT, dysmenorrhoea, infertility, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, PCOS, endometriosis and menopausal symptoms
- Nervous system support for insomnia, depression, stress & anxiety
- Strengthening of the immune system to reduce the frequency of colds & flu, allergies, asthma and auto-immune conditions
- Improved digestive health to assist with symptoms of IBS, inflammatory bowel disease, infections & infestations, liver insufficiency
- Endocrine disorders including thyroid disease
- Acute and Chronic urinary tract infections
- Assistance with convalescence, fatigue and lowered vitality
- Improved cardiovascular health to assist hypertension, circulation issues, arteriosclerosis
- Greater flexibility for musculoskeletal problems such as osteo/rheumatoid arthritis, gout and sports injuries
- Greater awareness & solutions for metabolic disorders such as metabolic syndrome, obesity
- Cognitive support for students to improve memory & concentration & reduce the stress response during high pressure exam/study times
- Children’s Health including learning difficulties, ADHD and autism spectrum disorders
Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy
Bachelor of Environmental Science (Biology)
Master of Women’s Health Care
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110
Naturopaths & Herbalist Association of Australia (NHAA) Full Practicing Member. http://www.nhaa.org.au/
Australian Register of Naturopaths and Herbalists (ARONAH). http://www.aronah.org/