Sclerology is a traditional art and science going back thousands of years with a mainly oral record. It involves the study of the white portion of the eye to assess the level of health of various systems and organs within the body and is usually performed in conjunction with an Iridology examination.
The Ancient Chinese, the Greeks and Native Americans all used the Sclera to evaluate health. However it wasn’t till the 1960’s that Americans Dr S. Wainwright and Dr Jack Tipps investigated information from the Nez Perce and Blackfoot Indians and then seperately went on to further investigate Sclerology. The first western map is dated 1968 and was produced by Dr Wainwright. The second was produced by Dr Dory Detton in conjunction with Dr Clarence Patrick Sundance Hathaway a blackfoot Native American.
From there Leonard Mehlmauer ND took up the cause and for the last 25 yrs has travelled the world exploring and further researching Sclerology in many countries including Russia. It is thanks to him and his wife Nenita that we owe a debt of gratitude.
- Provide basic and detailed information on Pathology.
- Verify and enhance data obtained by Iridology and other health evaluation techniques.
- Educate the client on potential pathological conditions before they manifest.
- Show its signs in natural daylight or in any colour eye.
- Demonstrate both inherited and developed health dispositions.
- Give detailed evidence of improvement over time.